Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?



Good Monday Evening Everyone,

Wow, can you believe that it is already the 6th of May??? I can't.....it seems like it was just yesterday that I  moved into my new home in February! But, I'm not complaining...especially after all the rain we got last week, the Sun was out today....there was a nice breeze blowing....and I had breakfast with my 2 daughters this morning, and my 4 1/2 month old grandson! It was wonderful, and I knew Summer is on it's way!

When I was growing up, one of my favorite times of the Summer was when you could see all the watermelons for sale, and my Daddy loved him some watermelon! He would go to the local little farmer's stand where all his buddies whom were farmers were selling fresh local produce. He would load up the car with watermelons and come home. We would ice them down in a cooler that morning and then he would make us go outside to play! So, the water hoses were brought out and slung over a tree branch.....water sprinklers were set  up and all faucets turned on full blast!

And, we played,  and hooped and hollered like we were "the rich kids with a swimming pool" in their back yards....lol....and then at lunch time Mom would call us in and a sandwich would  be waiting....and we ate those sandwich's so fast cause we knew Daddy was going to soon "split open the melons"......he would get his knife and on the picnic table slice open those wonderful, red, ice cold melons and we would dig in.....there's nothing like it.....

So, thinking of that this past weekend and after looking at prices of the shoes I wanted on the Internet....I made me a pair of Watermelon Shoes....took a $5.99 pair of plain white tennis shoes from Wal-Mart and started painting....I LOVE THEM and I hope you do also.
$5.99 plain


Don't look how pale my legs are...lol

I just love them!
I wore them this afternoon as I went to town to run some errands, and everybody wanted to know where I got them....and I said...ME.....lol

I know that Daddy will get a big kick out of them when he sees them....

Blessings,
Deborah

Comments

  1. new follower from the friend connect hop!
    www.violetlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I'm hosting a new linky party at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

    I would love to have you!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these shoes, brings back such great memories of summertime fun for us all!!! Just dropping in from Lets Get Social Sunday to thank you for joining in and I am now following via Google+)))

    Hugs
    http://www.myturnforus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute!!!! Great shoe redo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, love the watermelon shoes.....nice job. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up to Efforts and Assets! Can’t wait to see what you have ready for next Tuesday’s Linky Party.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute! perfect for summer. and i love your running dog cursor, never saw anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute shoes! I love watermelon too. It's the kind of food you have to eat with family. You can't eat it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely blog hop Thursdays, I stopped by to show your blog some love! If you could subscribe to mines : http://thesingleparenttrials.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness these are just TOO cute!! I've got to get me a pair of white shoes to decorate. Thanks for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders! Hope you're having an excellent start to your weekend! Started following on GFC too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are way too cute! Very creative!

    I'm stopping by from the "I love my post" Blog Hop. Also a new follower.

    Have an amazing weekend!

    Krys @ Sunshine&Rain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love for you to share this at my link up where we pin all that join
    http://myfashionforwardblog.com/2013/05/09/all-things-pretty-number-7/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the watermelon shoes! Very creative idea. You need to make a watermelon sign to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I'm planning on doing a watermelon sign this week!

      Delete
  14. What a cute idea - so inventive :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO fun!! I'd love for you to come share it at the link party I am cohosting right now!
    http://thefirstyearblog.com/2013/05/12/link-party-with-titi-crafty/

    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth....and I followed you back and posted on party!

      Delete
  16. So fun! I love watermelons! Thank you for lining up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omgosh! How cute?! My 2 little ones would love these shoes :) Thank you so much for sharing! We can't wait to see what you share at tomorrow's All My Bloggy Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are darling!!!! I have a pair I have been wanting to paint too but have not decided on a design. Thanks for sharing. Im following you on bloglovin! www.lifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for linking up last week. We've decided to feature this post as one of our faves in tomorrows crafty round up. Be sure to stop by, link up and grab the feature button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much for the Honor! I really enjoyed doing these....and I will stop by tomorrow.

      Delete
  21. I love the shoes! I am a new follower! I might think of making a crochet version of your watermelon shoe! I found your blog at Cat like curiosity link party.
    CuteyPatutyCrochet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I would love to see your crochet version....please let me know!

      Delete
  22. Those have got to be the cutest shoes ever. Love how your painted them. Would be easy to kick off to run in sprinkler. I used to do that with my kids when they were little, so much fun. Who's too old to run in the sprinkler. I even ran in sprinkler with my g/daughters when they were younger. I'd still do it and I'm on old lady (72), lol. Why not?
    Can hardly wait to find some white shoes so I can make these. What a wonderful project, so glad you shared. What kind of paint did you use? Did you use fabric medium? Want to be able to wash then occasionally. Happy days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....yes,I love these shoes and enjoy wearing them so much. As far as paint, I used my regular acrylic, but used a fabric medium I found at Wally World in the craft department. I also slightly sprayed them with a sealant. Make you some,cause they make you feel good when you have them on.
      Deborah

      Delete
  23. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so cute! Thank you so much for sharing at One More Time Events.

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are so fun and cute! I love them - what a great idea for plain shoes!
    I would love if you came and linked this project to my clothes upcycling project page. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 400 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas.
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tooooo cute!! You did a great job on the shoes!! I bet everyone wanted you to make them a pair, too!
    Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday!
    Wishing you An Extraordinary Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting