Ice Cream Bread.....Oh My!!!!

Greetings Everyone this Wonderful Monday Morning,

I had a wonderful weekend....celebrated Mother's Day with my Mama, and my Daddy's 82nd birthday.....just a wonderful time and feeling so blessed to still have them both:

So, I had been seeing all over Pinterest, blogs, Facebook, the recipe for Ice Cream Bread......2 of my favorite things.....Ice Cream and Bread!!!!  So, I went to Wal-Mart and got a quart of the store brand chocolate ice cream....I did not want to splurge on a Ben& Jerry's brand without trying recipe first:
store brand chocolate ice cream

Then I took 2 cups soften ice cream.....and you can add a little more if you would like.....place this in a big mixing bowl....add to that 1 and 1/2 cup of self rising flour. Stir until all flour is mixed well with ice cream.....will be very thick! Then pour into a greased-floured loaf pan and place into a preheated 350 degree oven.......cook about 40 minutes depending on your oven, or until the center is like when you stick a tooth pic in a cake.

Let cool.....and slice!!!!! OMG......chocolate bread!!!! The flavors are endless!!!! Now, I have to say, that right in the middle of cooking this, I had a neighbor knock on my door with a problem....so, I turned my oven down lower and stepped outside. My loaf didn't rise as much as it should have, but it tasted wonderful!

what it looks like when flour is mixed with ice cream
The first slice was so good!

You can tell it didn't rise enough



So, I can't wait to try another flavor......but, don't be scared.....it was so easy!!!!

Have a great week and Blessings to you and yours,

Deborah

Comments

  1. This bread sounds great :) Thank you so much for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds just fabulous - I've got to try it! I'd love for you to bring this to Tuesday's Table - http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2013/05/tuesdays-table-for-may-14-2013-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I am definitely curious. Is it sweet? Or does it just taste like bread? I mean, would you eat it with a sandwich, or is it a dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany, I guess you could use it for sandwich's....lol.....I wouldn't. I certainly consider it as a dessert bread. It tastes like bread....but sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so interesting! I would love for you to link to http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html

    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really interesting. Thank you so much for coming by and linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm... this sounds good.
    And that is amazing that you still have both your parents at 82! Good genes!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Ice cream bread. That is amazing. I have to try this!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the title itself would make you want to try it. It sounds like a unique blend. I think I would try it with vanilla ice cream.

    Sharon
    http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks totally yummy - I'll definitely be trying this one.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting idea. I've not ever heard of ice cream bread. Sounds great :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my I bet that would be devine! I so would have done the same start with the cheap ice cream and then work up to the good stuff if it works :).

    Stopping by from Navy Wifey Meme :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my is right! I think I'll have to give this a try. Sounds really easy. And I bet chocolate bread would make some killer French toast too ;)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deborah! Visiting your from Weekend Wonders and following you now via Bloglovin'. Just had to click on something called Ice Cream bread and I have got to try this! Thanks for the easy recipe....pinning it to my "Mouthwatering" board! Please visit me sometime at http://www.musingsofavintagejunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by....and yes, the ice cream bread is so good....trying it this weekend with Butter Pecan.....and I followed you back on Bloglovin!

      Delete
  15. I've never heard of ice cream bread before, but yours looks delicious, especially since it's chocolate! You can never go wrong with chocolate!!! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so intrigued! Dying to try this!

    Kristin
    Www.exploringdomesticity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting