Mom's Mugs!

Happy Tuesday!

Well, it is Spring here in south Georgia with all the flowers in bloom....which means pollen! Allergy season is upon us! So, have I told you how much I love coffee? I think I have mentioned that in many posts....I love my java.....so, do my children.....both of my sisters....and, of course, my Mom! When, you open the cabinet over her coffee pot, you can see many types of coffee mugs and plenty of them! It seems they coffee mugs are always a standard gift for Mom on special occasion's, which makes sense, since every time our family is gathered, there is always a pot of coffee brewing. Guess what I made and gave Mom for her birthday on the 14th? You got it...hand painted coffee mugs!

Two of the things you need to know about our family is we all love animals, and, most of us have wicked senses of humor....including Mom. I had seen these two mugs on a craft site and just knew Mom would love them. I had purchased new porcelain paint markers from a local craft store and picked up two mugs from the dollar store. I painted the two mugs and let them set for several days. The next step involved me baking them....which included me placing both mugs upside down on a baking sheet in a cold oven and let it heat up to 350 and bake 30 minutes. 

Mom, LOVED the mugs, and I hope you do also:



Mom loves Frenchie bulldogs, so, this is my version which a special I Wuff You!



I just love this one....a funny without the profanity!

So, until the next project...grab your favorite mug and fill it with that wonderful brew and enjoy your day!

Blessings,
Deborah

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting