Zuchinni and Yellow Squash Fritters!

Happy Monday Everyone,

Last Friday while standing in my kitchen, pondering what I wanted for lunch, I remembered all these great blog post I had been seeing recently about Zucchini Fritters. So, I rushed to the veggie drawer in refrigerator, and what did I find, but one lonely Zucchini and one yellow squash......so, I did what my Mom always taught me......work with what you have!

I shredded both the zucchini and yellow squash......added about a teaspoon of salt and tossed that into mixture and let them sit for about 30 minutes. From what I had read, this helps get all the water out of the squash.......and after that, I placed them in paper towels and squeezed water out. I then placed this into a big bowl. I added....one egg.....bread crumbs....corn......a orange bell pepper......chopped onions.....cracked black pepper.....garlic....parsley and to give it an extra kick.....added some feta cheese and mixed well. They turned out fabulous!










 As you can tell, I really don't follow a set recipe. My Mom and both grandmothers are and were awesome cooks, and they had the ability to "just know" what it needed, and I guess I follow that rule also. But, they were delicious and I shared them with my neighbor and she loved them too!

Enjoy and Blessings,
 Deborah

Comments

  1. Oh leave out the onion and I would love to eat one or two or more! these look and sound delish. I have the same issue, just cook it, adding as I taste and sometimes I can't make it the same way twice! Thanks for sharing with us Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this recipe for zucchini and yellow squash fritters is going to be tried for sure. Love the tutorial and can't wait to try them. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting